Moist Herbed Pork Chops
I found a pork recipe in a newspaper many years ago, but I lightened it up quite a bit. This version is so tasty that I use it for weekend company as well as weeknight dinners. -Linda Austin of Fayetteville, Arkansas
4 ServingsPrep: 5 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 2/3 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 4 bone-in center-cut pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 7 ounces each)
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients; stir until sugar
- is dissolved. Pour 1-1/2 cups into a large resealable plastic bag;
- add pork chops. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours
- or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper
- towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill pork,
- covered, over medium heat or broil 4-5 in. from the heat for 4-5
- minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°, basting
- frequently with reserved marinade. Let meat stand for 5 minutes
- before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 pork chop equals 237 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 87 mg cholesterol, 65 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber,