- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 2/3 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 4 bone-in center-cut pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 7 ounces each)
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients; stir until sugar is dissolved. Pour 1-1/2 cups into a large resealable plastic bag; add pork chops. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill pork, covered, over medium heat or broil 4-5 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°, basting frequently with reserved marinade. Let meat stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Moist Herbed Pork Chops
"Can you do these in a slow cooker?"
"YOU SAY "IF GRILLING" WHAT ABOUT baking IF YOU LIVE IN THE NORTH IT IS NOT ALWAYS POSSIBLE TO GRILL AND I JUST WONDERED SINCE YOU SAID "IF GRILLING" THANKS THIS SOUNDS GREAT I'LL TRY IT SOON"