Moist Ham Loaf
Not only is this main dish special enough for entertaining, but I can assemble it early in the day and pop it in the oven before dinnertime. It seems much fancier than meat loaf, it's just as easy to make. Plus the cherry sauce really dresses it up, so guests think I fussed.Nancy Brown, Dahinda, Illinois
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground fully cooked ham
- 1/2 pound ground turkey
- CHERRY SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup cherry preserves
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Crumble ham and
- turkey over mixture and mix well. Press into a greased 9-in. x 5-in.
- loaf pan. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 50-55 minutes or until a
- meat thermometer reads 160°.
- In a small saucepan, combine sauce ingredients. Cook and stir over
- medium heat for 5 minutes or until heated through. Serve with ham
- loaf. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving with 1 tablespoon sauce (prepared with egg substitute, fat-free milk and lean ham) equals 269 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 980 mg sodium,