Moist Ham Loaf Recipe
Not only is this main dish special enough for entertaining, but I can assemble it early in the day and pop it in the oven before dinnertime. It seems much fancier than meat loaf, it's just as easy to make. Plus the cherry sauce really dresses it up, so guests think I fussed.—Nancy Brown, Dahinda, Illinois
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground fully cooked ham
- 1/2 pound ground turkey
- CHERRY SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup cherry preserves
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Crumble ham and turkey over mixture and mix well. Press into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 50-55 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°.
- 2. In a small saucepan, combine sauce ingredients. Cook and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes or until heated through. Serve with ham loaf. Yield: 6 servings.
1 slice: 269 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 980mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 25g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 3 lean meat, 0 fruit.
Reviews for Moist Ham Loaf
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC