Moist Garlic Chicken Recipe
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Dash pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1. In a shallow bowl, combine butter, garlic, garlic powder and salt if desired. In another bowl, combine bread crumbs, cheeses and pepper. Dip chicken in butter mixture, then coat with crumb mixture.
- 2. Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
One serving (prepared with reduced-fat margarine and reduced-fat cheddar cheese and without salt) equals 259 calories, 11 g fat (0 saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 483 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 31 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Moist Garlic Chicken
"I've used this recipe for years, and my family loves it!!!"
"This was delicious and another great way to cook chicken in the oven. The smells when cooking are great and the garlic flavor is perfect. Definitely will keep making this."
"Outstanding flavor! I agree with the others re leaving uncovered the last 20 minutes.Thank you for printing such a wonderful recipe."
"Really Easy. VERY moist - even when internal temp is well above 170. My picky toddler loved it."
"This was so easy and delicious. The best garlic flavored food I have ever eaten."
"We loved this! I'll definitely be making it again soon."
"My son is a garlic fiend. He loved this!"
"To achieve a somewhat crunchy coating, I cooked the chicken, covered, for 25 min., then uncovered, for 12 min. Next time I'll try covered for 20 and uncovered for 10. -Lori in WI."
"I agree, this needs to be uncovered for probably the last 15 minutes to get it crispy... Otherwise, very tasty!!!"
"This was great! The next time I make it, I'll uncover it for the last few minutes of baking. It definitely wasn't soggy, but I think the coating would've crisped a bit better had I uncovered it."
"It says moist... But it is REALLY moist. It's so good, my family loved it."