Moist Garlic Chicken Recipe
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Dash pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1. In a shallow bowl, combine butter, garlic, garlic powder and salt if desired. In another bowl, combine bread crumbs, cheeses and pepper. Dip chicken in butter mixture, then coat with crumb mixture.
- 2. Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
One serving (prepared with reduced-fat margarine and reduced-fat cheddar cheese and without salt) equals 259 calories, 11 g fat (0 saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 483 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 31 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 starch.