Moist Garlic Chicken
I created this version of oven-baked chicken by modifying a recipe to match my family's love of garlic with chicken. Just coat the chicken, pop it into the oven and forget it. The crispy coating really stays on. My family always enjoys this flavorful main dish.Jan Walls, Dover, Delaware
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Dash pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- In a shallow bowl, combine butter, garlic, garlic powder and salt if
- desired. In another bowl, combine bread crumbs, cheeses and pepper.
- Dip chicken in butter mixture, then coat with crumb mixture.
- Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until chicken juices
- run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (prepared with reduced-fat margarine and reduced-fat cheddar cheese and without salt) equals 259 calories, 11 g fat (0 saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 483 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 31 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 starch.