Moist Drumsticks Recipe
- 3 pounds chicken drumsticks, skin removed
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Place drumsticks in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the tomato sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar and garlic; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until a thermometer reads 180°.
- Remove chicken to a serving platter; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer to a small saucepan. Bring liquid to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chicken. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.
Reviews for Moist Drumsticks(22)
Sort By :
I used thighs, we really liked the sauce
Sauce was good. Will use chicken breast next time.
Excellent recipe and so easy to make. My family loved it.
This is a go to recipe for me. My husband loves it. I serve it with buttered egg noodles and green salad. If there are leftovers I debone the chicken legs and toss with leftover egg noodles and mix in the thickened sauce. I use teriyaki sauce in lieu of soy sauce and also skin the chicken legs or thighs.
use thighs instead of drumsticks and remove the skin and it always comes out great
More Recipe Collections
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Condiments >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Sauces & Toppings Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes >