- 3 pounds chicken drumsticks, skin removed
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Place drumsticks in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the tomato sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar and garlic; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until a thermometer reads 180°.
- Remove chicken to a serving platter; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer to a small saucepan. Bring liquid to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chicken. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.
Reviews for Moist Drumsticks
Sort By :
"Great taste! I did take the chicken off the bones and used as meat with gravy over mash potatoes. Will try with boneless/skinless chicken thighs next time."
"I used thighs, we really liked the sauce"
"Sauce was good. Will use chicken breast next time."
"Excellent recipe and so easy to make. My family loved it."
"This is a go to recipe for me. My husband loves it. I serve it with buttered egg noodles and green salad. If there are leftovers I debone the chicken legs and toss with leftover egg noodles and mix in the thickened sauce. I use teriyaki sauce in lieu of soy sauce and also skin the chicken legs or thighs."