“I found this in my mom’s recipe box years ago,” notes Lianne Felton of Riverside, California. “It’s very quick to prepare and makes the house smell wonderful while it’s cooking. My daughter, Molly, just loves it!”
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 5 hours
- 3 pounds chicken drumsticks, skin removed
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Place drumsticks in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the
- tomato sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar and garlic; pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until a thermometer reads
- Remove chicken to a serving platter; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking
- juices; transfer to a small saucepan. Bring liquid to a boil.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into the
- pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until
- thickened. Serve with chicken. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 pound) equals 304 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 1,490 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 32 g protein.
Wine: Blush Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as