“I found this in my mom’s recipe box years ago,” notes Lianne Felton of Riverside, California. “It’s very quick to prepare and makes the house smell wonderful while it’s cooking. My daughter, Molly, just loves it!”
- 3 pounds chicken drumsticks, skin removed
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Place drumsticks in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the tomato sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar and garlic; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until a thermometer reads 180°.
- Remove chicken to a serving platter; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer to a small saucepan. Bring liquid to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chicken. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Moist Drumsticks in Simple & Delicious March/April 2007, p47
Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.
Reviews for Moist Drumsticks
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review