Moist Cream Cheese Pound Cake
Warm a slice of this cake in the microwave for about 25 seconds. Then serve it with a scoop of butter-pecan ice cream, fresh fruit, or alone.
12-16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 1-1/2 hours + cooling
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- In a large bowl, cream butter, sugar and cream cheese. Add eggs, one
- at a time, beating well after each addition. Add flour and baking
- powder; mix well. Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan.
- Bake at 325° for about 1 hour and 30 minutes or until cake tests
- done. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing. Cake ages and freezes
- well. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 458 calories, 24 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 141 mg cholesterol, 252 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.