Moist Cranberry Pork Roast
"I love to serve guests this moist flavorful pork," informs Kimberley Scasny of Douglasville, Georgia. "You don't have to slave away in the kitchen to prepare it, yet it tastes like a gourmet meal."
6-8 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 4 hours + standing
- 1 boneless rolled pork loin roast (2-1/2 to 3 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Cut roast in half and place in a 3-qt. slow cooker; sprinkle with
- salt and pepper. Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over roast.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until a meat thermometer
- reads 160°. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 6-8
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (6 ounces) equals 289 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 201 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.