- 1 boneless rolled pork loin roast (2-1/2 to 3 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Cut roast in half and place in a 3-qt. slow cooker; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over roast. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Moist Cranberry Pork Roast
"This was fabulous - my Husband gave it his highest rating. I browned the roast first which I think adds to the flavor. The ingredients blended so well together to create a wonderful taste that lingered on your tongue and the pork was very tender. We will be making it again - believe it would go great with baked beans. The leftovers made great sandwiches."
"I used boneless pork chops instead of a roast because the chops were on sale. It was so easy that my husband was able to get it started while I was at work. I make Canadian Thanksgiving dinner for my husband every year and wanted a break from turkey since we will have that for Thanksgiving next month. This had the perfect fall flavor. It's perfect for a weeknight or a special occasion. I loved how easy it was and that it left the oven open for cooking other parts of the meal. We will definitely make this again."