Moist Cranberry Pork Roast Recipe
- 1 boneless rolled pork loin roast (2-1/2 to 3 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Cut roast in half and place in a 3-qt. slow cooker; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over roast. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Moist Cranberry Pork Roast(6)
Sort By :
This was fabulous - my Husband gave it his highest rating. I browned the roast first which I think adds to the flavor. The ingredients blended so well together to create a wonderful taste that lingered on your tongue and the pork was very tender. We will be making it again - believe it would go great with baked beans. The leftovers made great sandwiches.
I used a 4.45 lb rolled pork loin because it was on sale. I didn't use the salt, pepper, nor honey and I substituted 1/3 of a large can of frozen orange juice for the orange zest. It fit perfectly in my 6 qt. slow cooker. The taste knocked my socks off! I'm glad I have left overs!
The pork roast was so, so tender and moist! My family loved this recipe! The mix of cranberry, orange, and the spices were just right for the pork! Delicious!
I used boneless pork chops instead of a roast because the chops were on sale. It was so easy that my husband was able to get it started while I was at work. I make Canadian Thanksgiving dinner for my husband every year and wanted a break from turkey since we will have that for Thanksgiving next month. This had the perfect fall flavor. It's perfect for a weeknight or a special occasion. I loved how easy it was and that it left the oven open for cooking other parts of the meal. We will definitely make this again.
So far every recipe using canned cranberry sauce (whole or jellied) for either pork or chicken as been a hit with family and quests.
Cooked in the crockpot gives me great gravy for the potatoes I always serve with it.
More Recipe Collections
- Pork Roast Recipes >
- Pork Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Roast Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Pork Loin >