Moist Corn Spoon Bread
Enjoy an easy take on this Southern specialty by using the convenient slow cooker. Here's an excellent side dish for Thanksgiving, Easter or any special meal.
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Gradually
- beat in eggs. Beat in the milk, butter, salt, cayenne and pepper
- until blended. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Pour into a greased 3-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 4-5
- hours or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Yield: 8 servings.