Moist Corn Spoon Bread Recipe
Enjoy an easy take on this Southern specialty by using the convenient slow cooker. Here's an excellent side dish for Thanksgiving, Easter or any special feast. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Gradually beat in eggs. Beat in the milk, butter, salt, cayenne and pepper until blended. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- 2. Pour into a greased 3-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Moist Corn Spoon Bread
Reviewed Feb. 6, 2016
"I made this in the oven at 350 for 45 minutes and it turned out great! The cayenne gave it a nice kick!"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC