Moist Corn Bread Recipe
—Christine Mazzarella, Brockport, New York
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (8-1/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup reduced-calorie stick margarine, melted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients. Pour into an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Serve warm. Yield: 9 servings.
One piece equals 197 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 452 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC