—Christine Mazzarella, Brockport, New York
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (8-1/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup reduced-calorie stick margarine, melted
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients. Pour into an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Serve warm. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Moist Corn Bread in Country Woman July/August 2003, p36
Reviews for Moist Corn Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 29, 2012
"Hands down THE best corn bread recipe. This could be a dessert!"
Reviewed Mar. 14, 2011
"Very good and very moist. Needed to cook quite a bit longer but well worth it. Will definately make again and again."