Moist Chocolate Snack Cake Recipe
I have made this cake for over 50 years. Otherwise known as "crazy cake," this classic, ender and moist dessert requires only a two-step procedure to make.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4-1/2 teaspoons baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, beat the sugar, water, oil, vinegar and vanilla until well blended. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into sugar mixture until blended.
- 2. Pour into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 3. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 slice (calculated without confectioners' sugar) equals 261 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 306 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Moist Chocolate Snack Cake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC