Moist Chocolate Snack Cake Recipe
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4-1/2 teaspoons baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, beat the sugar, water, oil, vinegar and vanilla until well blended. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into sugar mixture until blended.
- 2. Pour into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 3. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 slice: 261 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 306mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Moist Chocolate Snack Cake
"I made everything right. I cooked it the full time, then it still wasn't done and I added a couple extra minutes. Wow, this thing fell out of the bread pan like a spunge. Ehhh, I don't know what happened but I will never make this again. Such a waste of time."
"We use this cake recipe during the Lenten season as it has no dairy products in it. The cake can be dressed up by spreading cool whip on it and then put a can of cherry pie filling on top (or any pie filling). Delicious!KTV, NJ"
"I have made this chocolate cake a few times. It!s great with out any topping. Will be making it for our card parties. Try this recipe and it will become one of your favorites. Suzanne G. from Elkridge,Md."