- Bake at 325° for 25-30 minutes. Cool cakes for 10 minutes before
- removing from pans. Cool on wire racks.
- Meanwhile, for icing, combine the milk and flour in a saucepan; cook
- until thick. Cover and refrigerate.
- In a bowl, beat butter, shortening, sugar and vanilla until creamy.
- Add chilled milk/flour mixture and beat for 10 minutes. Frost cooled
- cake. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 636 calories, 37 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 61 mg cholesterol, 549 mg sodium, 73 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.