Moist Carrot Cupcakes Recipe
If your kids think they don’t like carrots, just wait until these cinnamon-scented, lightly frosted little cakes hit the table. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling YIELD:10 servings
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups shredded carrots
- CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- 6 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the sugar, oil and egg until well blended. Beat in applesauce and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; gradually beat into sugar mixture until blended. Stir in carrots.
- 2. Fill paper-lined muffin cups half full. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine frosting ingredients; beat until smooth. Frost cupcakes. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 10 cupcakes.
1 cupcake equals 226 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 244 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC