Moist Carrot Cupcakes Recipe
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups shredded carrots
- CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- 6 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the sugar, oil and egg until well blended. Beat in applesauce and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; gradually beat into sugar mixture until blended. Stir in carrots.
- 2. Fill paper-lined muffin cups half full. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine frosting ingredients; beat until smooth. Frost cupcakes. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 10 cupcakes.
1 cupcake equals 226 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 244 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Moist Carrot Cupcakes
"The cupcakes earned a 5 star, but the cream cheese frosting was way too runny and I had to add a lot more confectioners to it and I still couldn't get it to the right consistency. Could the recipe have an error in it, such as maybe the cream cheese should have been 6 tablespoons, instead of 6 ounces?"
"These were delish! I like to make mini cupcakes just because I am "into portion control" right now. They made a great snack to take to work and share. They also kept well as we did not eat them all the first day or two."
"I really enjoyed these moist cupcakes; used two brown bananas instead of applesauce, turned out great , didn't bother with the frosting!"
"I wondered the same thing if this could be made into a cake instead of cupcakes. I cannot see why it couldn't. Have made it yet because of this reason....."
"could this be made as a cake? Not really fond of cupcakes. haven't made these yet= reason for just 1 star"
"Love carrot cake, may try to add pineapple in place if applesauce."
"Way good! Moist and lovely. I have never made cream cheese frosting before. Easy and, even better, the perfect consistency to spread on the cupcakes without having to adjust the recipe. Thanks!"
"Cake part was great--good flavor and very moist. I added a lot of extra powdered sugar to the icing though since it was rather runny and not sweet enough for me."
"Extreme moist and satisfying?"
"I made these using gluten-free flour and adding some of the things required to convert to gluten-free. They were delicious! My 20 year old doesn't share my wheat allergy, but she pronounced them absolutely delicious and requested the recipe."
"I tried to make this a cake. I didn't cook it long enough. But the taste was great."