If your kids think they don’t like carrots, just wait until these cinnamon-scented, lightly frosted little cakes hit the table. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups shredded carrots
- CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- 6 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar, oil and egg until well blended. Beat in applesauce and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; gradually beat into sugar mixture until blended. Stir in carrots.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups half full. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine frosting ingredients; beat until smooth. Frost cupcakes. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 10 cupcakes.
Originally published as Moist Carrot Cupcakes in Healthy Cooking April/May 2012, p23
Reviews for Moist Carrot Cupcakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review