Moist Cake Brownies Recipe
These brownies have been in my recipe collection since I was 9 years old. I've added to and altered the recipe over the years, and now I think it has the perfect amount of everything, including semisweet and milk chocolate chips and pecans. They are my husband's and son's favorite. -Louise Stacey, Dane, Wisconsin
- 2/3 cup butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- Confectioners' sugar
- Pecan halves, toasted, optional
- 1. Melt butter in a large saucepan. Whisk in cocoa and oil until smooth. Cook and stir over low heat until cocoa is blended. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, stirring well after each addition. Stir in vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to cocoa mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- 2. Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Garnish with pecan halves if desired. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 253 calories, 15 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 181 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC