Moist Bran Muffins Recipe
My family can get tired of the same old breakfasts. That's why I keep a batch of these moist muffins in the freezer. Everyone loves the terrific molasses flavor.Nancy Kearney, Massillon, Ohio
- 2 cups bran flakes
- 1 cup All-Bran
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup raisins
- In a large bowl, combine cereals and boiling water; let stand for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in the buttermilk, molasses and cereal mixture. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt; add to creamed mixture just until moistened. Fold in raisins.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Wrap remaining muffins in foil and freeze for up to 3 months.
- To use frozen muffins: Thaw at room temperature. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Moist Bran Muffins in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2009, p208
Reviews for Moist Bran Muffins(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 16, 2013
Delicious, moist, and nutritious. I make it frequently. Using Raisin Bran and adding pecans make it even better.