Moist Blueberry Pound Cake Recipe
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat butter, softened
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) lemon yogurt
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1. In a small bowl, combine blueberries and 2 tablespoons flour; set aside. In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Add eggs and egg white, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the baking soda, salt and remaining flour; add to creamed mixture alternately with yogurt. Fold in reserved blueberries.
- 2. Transfer to a 10-in. fluted tube pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 65-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. In a small bowl, whisk glaze ingredients until smooth. Drizzle over warm cake. Yield: 16 servings.
Editor's Note: If using frozen blueberries, do not thaw. This recipe was tested with Land O'Lakes light stick butter.
1 slice: 276 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 241mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.