A lemony glaze tops off the old-fashioned flavor of this mouthwatering blueberry cake from Maxine Pierce in Biloxi, Mississippi. Folks will have a hard time believing it’s low-sugar and low-fat!
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat butter, softened
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) lemon yogurt
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- In a small bowl, combine blueberries and 2 tablespoons flour; set aside. In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Add eggs and egg white, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the baking soda, salt and remaining flour; add to creamed mixture alternately with yogurt. Fold in reserved blueberries.
- Transfer to a 10-in. fluted tube pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 65-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. In a small bowl, whisk glaze ingredients until smooth. Drizzle over warm cake. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Blueberry Pound Cake in Light & Tasty April/May 2006, p31
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Moist Blueberry Pound Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 20, 2011
"Good flavor without being too heavy."
Reviewed Mar. 22, 2009
"This Blueberry Pound Cake is DELICIOUS! Thank you Maxine for submitting such a wonderful, tasty and light pound cake recipe!"