Moist Blueberry Buckle Recipe
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1. In a bowl, cream the shortening and sugar. Beat in egg; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add alternately to creamed mixture with milk. Fold in blueberries. Pour into a greased 9-in. square baking dish.
- 2. For topping, combine the sugar, flour and cinnamon; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over batter. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before cutting. Serve warm or cooled. Yield: 9 servings.
1 piece: 354 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 286mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Moist Blueberry Buckle
"I made this with the shortening and then again with 1/4 cup butter. I thought it was slightly better with the butter. I also added 1 tsp. vanilla"
"Loved it! So moist, even the 2nd day"
"I loved this. It isnt moist like a blueberry muffin. But not hard like a scone. Just very good texture and can pick up the slice and enjoy it. I have shared it with some of my friends and they love it too."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.