I used to buy baskets of delicious blueberries from a man who had numerous bushes. One of my co-workers gave me this recipe, and it's become a favorite.
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- In a bowl, cream the shortening and sugar. Beat in egg; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add alternately to creamed mixture with milk. Fold in blueberries. Pour into a greased 9-in. square baking dish.
- For topping, combine the sugar, flour and cinnamon; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over batter. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before cutting. Serve warm or cooled. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Blueberry Buckle in Country Extra May 2002, p49
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Moist Blueberry Buckle
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review