Moist Banana Nut Bread Recipe
“I made up this recipe when I was vegetarian and didn’t eat eggs. It’s packed with fiber, omega-3s and soy protein, but tastes delicious! Silken tofu is a wonderful egg substitute.” —Brittany Carrington, Tehachapi, California
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup King Arthur Premium 100% Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (2 medium)
- 3/4 cup silken soft tofu
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl, beat the sugar, bananas, tofu, oil and and vanilla. Beat into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in walnuts.
- Transfer to an 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
Originally published as Banana Nut Bread in Healthy Cooking June/July 2011, p61
Reviews for Moist Banana Nut Bread(3)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 23, 2013
I ave substituted tofu for ricotta
Reviewed Aug. 7, 2012
Sounds tasty can't wait to try it !
Reviewed Jun. 23, 2011
I love this recipe! My 11 month old and husband who isn't a vegetarian love it as well. It's very easy and very tasty.