I got this recipe my mother-in-law more than 40 years ago. They taste as good today as they did back then!—Arloia Lutz, Sebewaing, Michigan
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 small bananas)
- 1-1/3 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, vanilla and bananas. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg; add to the creamed mixture just until combined.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Banana Cupcakes in Country Woman January/February 2003, p37
Reviews for Moist Banana Cupcakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review