Moist Banana Cupcakes Recipe
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 small bananas)
- 1-1/3 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, vanilla and bananas. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg; add to the creamed mixture just until combined.
- 2. Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 each: 154 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 175mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1-1/2 starch, 1 fat
Reviews for Moist Banana Cupcakes
"LOVE these....no need to add the sugar on top if you don't want."
"So easy to do and the spices with the banana delicious."
"My kids loved these muffins and so did I. I only used cinnamon not the other spices and I did not sprinkle sugar on top. They were almost all gone before they cooled!"
"These cupcakes were so good."
"I made these for a Labor Day snack. They were delicious. I didn't have cloves so I used pumpkin pie spice instead and omitted the powder sugar. They were full of flavor and no one could eat just one!"
"I omitted the cloves & nutmeg but they were still delicious. I didn't need to add the confectioners' sugar either. They made a great morning breakfast for our child running out the door for school. I will definitely make them again. We all loved them."
"I really liked these Cupcakes. I am keepint them handy for quick night snack and morning pick me up. My hubby and grandkids were not too keen on them"
"We liked them very much, they were verylight and just the right banana flavor."
"Loved the spice and banana flavor! Would definitely make these again!"
"To much spice taste that covered up the banana flavor."
"My grandson has a dairy allergy so these were perfect for him - very moist and delicious!"
"I made these up one night for our card group and they were a hit. I added chopped walnuts to mine."
"Enjoyed every bite --- not too sweet and not too many calories. A definite 5 stars."