- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups mashed ripe bananas (4 to 5 medium)
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped nuts, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine first six ingredients. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, bananas, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in nuts if desired.
- Transfer to two greased 8x4-in. loaf pans. Bake 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
Reviews for Moist Banana Bread
Sort By :
"Delish! Moist! Easy."
"One of the very best banana breads ever. I made exactly as recipe states but added walnuts as suggested and it was very moist. I did make one large loaf and 4 mini (5X3) loaves. It's such a simple recipe--you don't even need to use the mixer. I see no reason that you couldn't half the recipe if you didn't have enough bananas. If I was making half a recipe I'd use 3 eggs and maybe increase the bananas some."
"This is simply positively the best banana bread I have ever had"
"I make this banana bread when ever I need to use up bananas. It's my favorite."
"The best banana bread I've ever made. Loved how moist it stayed. My daughter who doesn't like bananas cooked in anything loved this bread."