Moist Banana Bread
I found this recipe in a family cookbook, and it’s been a favorite ever since. Everyone seems to like it, even those who don’t normally care for banana bread.
24 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 55 min. + cooling
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups mashed ripe bananas (4 to 5 medium)
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup chopped nuts, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine first six
- ingredients. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, bananas, oil and vanilla.
- Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in nuts if
- Transfer to two greased 8x4-in. loaf pans. Bake 55-65 minutes or
- until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10
- minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (12
- slices each).
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice (calculated without nuts) equals 230 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 292 mg sodium,