Moist Applesauce Fruitcake Recipe
The recipe for this flavorful cake has been handed down in my husbands' family for four generations.
- 1 cup chopped mixed candied fruit
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apples
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups applesauce
- 2 teaspoons vanilla or rum extract
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients; add 1 cup flour. Stir to coat. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar; add eggs and mix well. Add the applesauce and vanilla extract. Combine the baking soda, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, cloves, allspice and remaining flour; stir into applesauce mixture. Stir in fruit mixture. Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan.
- 2. Bake at 325° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 482 calories, 22 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 451 mg sodium, 70 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Moist Applesauce Fruitcake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC