- 1 cup chopped mixed candied fruit
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apples
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups applesauce
- 2 teaspoons vanilla or rum extract
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients; add 1 cup flour. Stir to coat. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar; add eggs and mix well. Add the applesauce and vanilla extract. Combine the baking soda, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, cloves, allspice and remaining flour; stir into applesauce mixture. Stir in fruit mixture. Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan.
- Bake at 325° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Moist Applesauce Fruitcake
Sort By :
"Fruitcake has always been a family tradition, but this recipe is the best I've ever tasted! And my husband agrees. Moist and packed with flavor! Perfection."
"BAKED IN A BUNDT PAN AND TOOK 1 1/2 HOURS. SUBSTITUTED DATES AND PRUNES FOR APRICOTS AND RAISONS. WILL BE SOAKING IN WINE FOR XMAS. SO FAR SEEMS DELICIOUS."