- 1 bone-in turkey breast (6 to 7 pounds)
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Place turkey breast and water in a 6-qt. slow cooker. Place rosemary and garlic around turkey. Combine the brown sugar, pepper and salt; sprinkle over turkey. Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or until turkey is tender. Yield: 12 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Moist & Tender Turkey Breast
Sort By :
I am going to make this recipe for the first time for Thanksgiving. but instead of the water, I will add a can of chicken broth to make my gravy. set it on high for an hour, then switch it on low. this seems to be ideal for just 3 of us enjoying a meal away from the crowds of restaurants Thanksgiving day !
After cooking for 6 hours (and only a 4 lb breast) my meat thermometer only read 140. Is this normal? Should this recipe be cooked on high to insure safety?
So easy! I was worried that there was no liquid but it turned out perfect! Juicy and very flavorful! A permanent addition to my recipe file!
This recipe is so simple and flavorful, I have made it over and over again at my family's request. We are even having this for Thanksgiving!
So juicy and fall off the bone tender. This was so easy to make that we might just do this for Thanksgiving.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Turkey >
- Taste of Home Magazine Dinner Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Thanksgiving Dinner Recipes >