Moist & Savory Meat Loaf Recipe
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2/3 cup finely crushed cheese crackers
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- Saute onion in oil in a small skillet until tender. Cool to room temperature.
- Combine the eggs, milk, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, crackers, salt, pepper, thyme and onion in a large bowl. Crumble beef and pork over mixture and mix well. Shape into a loaf; place in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour. Combine ketchup and brown sugar; spread half of sauce over meat loaf. Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until no pink remains and a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with remaining sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Moist & Savory Meat Loaf(6)
Sort By :
I used 1 lb. of ground beef and 1 lb. ground pork instead. This recipe was delicious ! My husband loved it.
Best meat loaf EVER! My family hates meat loaf but they ask for this one.
It's difficult to find something to appease my elderly parents, whom I cook for on a regular basis. My father usually just picks at his food and my mother is a ridiculously picky eater (and usually insists on something bland). I don't think I've ever seen my father devour something so quickly or ask for seconds (and considered thirds!). Very basic, very easy to make, but very tasty and reheats well!
This was a very good meatloaf and I was pleased that it stayed together very well and cut nicely. I added 4 cloves of minced garlic and sauteed it along with the onion. I only put in 1/4 teaspoon of thyme and still found it strong. My husband and I did not care for the thyme taste and will leave it out completely next time. I added some fresh minced parsley into the mixture and used all ground beef.I used Goldfish extra cheddar for the crackers. I served it with mashed potatoes, green bean casserole and crescent rolls. My son loved the meal and I will make this easy meatloaf again!
I used all beef since I didn't have ground pork on hand. The best meatloaf I've ever made!
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Meat Loaf Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Kids Lunch Recipes >
- Meat Loaf >
- Meat Loaf Recipes >
- Meatloaf Recipes >