Moist & Savory Meat Loaf Recipe
Stop searching for a go-to meat loaf recipe. This is it! Your family will be delighted with this mixture of beef, pork and sauteed onion, with a sweet- and-tangy sauce baked onto the top. Cheese crackers are the secret ingredient in this one. —Simple & Delicious Test Kitchen
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2/3 cup finely crushed cheese crackers
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1. Saute onion in oil in a small skillet until tender. Cool to room temperature.
- 2. Combine the eggs, milk, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, crackers, salt, pepper, thyme and onion in a large bowl. Crumble beef and pork over mixture and mix well. Shape into a loaf; place in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish.
Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour. Combine ketchup and brown sugar; spread half of sauce over meat loaf. Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until no pink remains and a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with remaining sauce.
Freeze option: Bake meat loaf without sauce. Securely wrap and freeze cooled meat loaf in plastic wrap and foil. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Unwrap meat loaf and place in a greased shallow baking pan. Prepare sauce as directed; spread half of sauce over meat loaf. Reheat meat loaf in a preheated 350° oven until heated through and a thermometer inserted in center reads 165°. Serve with remaining sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Moist & Savory Meat Loaf
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC