Moist & Savory Meat Loaf Recipe
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2/3 cup finely crushed cheese crackers
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- Saute onion in oil in a small skillet until tender. Cool to room temperature.
- Combine the eggs, milk, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, crackers, salt, pepper, thyme and onion in a large bowl. Crumble beef and pork over mixture and mix well. Shape into a loaf; place in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour. Combine ketchup and brown sugar; spread half of sauce over meat loaf. Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until no pink remains and a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with remaining sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Moist & Savory Meat Loaf
Sort By :
"I love meatloaf and am always looking for new recipes. I found this recipe to be thoroughly uninspiring, lacking flavor."
"I used 1 lb. of ground beef and 1 lb. ground pork instead. This recipe was delicious ! My husband loved it."
"Best meat loaf EVER! My family hates meat loaf but they ask for this one."
"It's difficult to find something to appease my elderly parents, whom I cook for on a regular basis. My father usually just picks at his food and my mother is a ridiculously picky eater (and usually insists on something bland). I don't think I've ever seen my father devour something so quickly or ask for seconds (and considered thirds!). Very basic, very easy to make, but very tasty and reheats well!"
"I used all beef since I didn't have ground pork on hand. The best meatloaf I've ever made!"