Modern Caesar Salad Recipe
Robust flavor distinguishes this recipe recommended by Dorothy Pritchett of Wills Point, Texas. "I've had several versions of Caesar salad but like this one best," she says.
- 3 slices bread
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 8 cups torn romaine and leaf lettuce
- 1/2 cup grated or shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Cut bread into 1-in. cubes and place on a baking sheet. Toast at 225° for 1-2 hours or until crisp, turning occasionally. Meanwhile, combine the oil, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, salt and pepper in a jar with tight-fitting lid; shake well. Refrigerate for several hours.
- In a large salad bowl, toss lettuce, cheeses and croutons. Shake the dressing; pour over the salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Modern Caesar Salad in Taste of Home June/July 1996, p45
Reviews for Modern Caesar Salad(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review