“This is a family favorite. I'm not a huge steak eater, but loved the flavor of stroganoff. Using hamburger made it more palatable for me and it was an easy dish for our children to eat as toddlers.” Terri Wetzel - Roseburg, Oregon
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 2 envelopes brown gravy mix
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- skillet, cook the beef, onion and mushrooms over medium heat until
- meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in water and gravy mixes. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2
- minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in sour
- cream. Drain noodles. Serve with meat mixture.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup stroganoff with 3/4 cup noodles equals 584 calories, 32 g fat (19 g saturated fat), 136 mg cholesterol, 1,207 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 31 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot