- 3 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 2 envelopes brown gravy mix
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and mushrooms over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in water and gravy mixes. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream. Drain noodles. Serve with meat mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Mock Stroganoff
"This recipe really didn't have much taste at all .... No one in the family liked it. I won't make it again."
"going on the reviews added worcestershire sauce and leftover steak added more mushrooms and onions and it was really good will make again."
"This recipe was very bland."
"Excellent recipe! My whole family loved it. The only changes I made were to add more mushrooms and lessen the sour cream just a bit. Otherwise wonderful."
"We like less fat so I used 93% lean beef and drained and patted it with paper towels before putting it back in the skillet and adding the veggies. Also added 1 tsp prepared creamy horseradish to zip it up a little. Will make it again."
"Very poor in nutritional value, esp. calories, sodium and fat. Not good for kids!!!!!!!!!!!"
"we really enjoyed this & so easy"
"Looks tasty BUT please LOOK at the nutrition counts here ... this is VERY HIGH in sat fat, sodium AND calories ! NOT a healthy meal for anyone & esp kids !"
"I found this extremly easy to make. Next time will add a little beef boullion for extra beef flavor. Served with some steamed broccoli and fresh bread & butter."
"I love this recipe it is going in the cookbook for the kids to have. Great taste and fast...."