“This is a family favorite. I'm not a huge steak eater, but loved the flavor of stroganoff. Using hamburger made it more palatable for me and it was an easy dish for our children to eat as toddlers.” Terri Wetzel - Roseburg, Oregon
- 3 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 2 envelopes brown gravy mix
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and mushrooms over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in water and gravy mixes. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream. Drain noodles. Serve with meat mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Mock Stroganoff in Simple & Delicious January/February 2009, p22
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Mock Stroganoff
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review