Mock Strawberry Margaritas Recipe
These refreshing strawberry smoothies from our home economists pair well with spicy Mexican fare. They're a fun addition to any table.
- 6 lime wedges
- 3 tablespoons plus 1/3 cup sugar, divided
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1 can (6 ounces) frozen limeade concentrate, partially thawed
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen unsweetened strawberries
- 25 ice cubes
- 1. Using lime wedges, moisten the rim of six glasses. Set limes aside for garnish. Sprinkle 3 tablespoons sugar on a plate; hold each glass upside down and dip rim into sugar. Set aside. Discard remaining sugar on plate.
- 2. In a blender, combine the water, limeade concentrate, strawberries, ice cubes and remaining sugar; cover and blend until smooth. Pour into prepared glasses. Garnish with reserved limes. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 149 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 2mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 2g fiber), trace protein
Reviews for Mock Strawberry Margaritas
Reviewed Jul. 29, 2011
"Easy and tasty!"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC