Mock Strawberry Margaritas Recipe
These refreshing strawberry smoothies from our home economists pair well with spicy Mexican fare. They're a fun addition to any table.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 10 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 6 lime wedges
- 3 tablespoons plus 1/3 cup sugar, divided
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1 can (6 ounces) frozen limeade concentrate, partially thawed
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen unsweetened strawberries
- 25 ice cubes
- 1. Using lime wedges, moisten the rim of six glasses. Set limes aside for garnish. Sprinkle 3 tablespoons sugar on a plate; hold each glass upside down and dip rim into sugar. Set aside. Discard remaining sugar on plate.
- 2. In a blender, combine the water, limeade concentrate, strawberries, ice cubes and remaining sugar; cover and blend until smooth. Pour into prepared glasses. Garnish with reserved limes. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup equals 149 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, trace protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC