This old-fashioned dessert really is easy-as-pie to prepare. It's perfect for entertaining because it can be made ahead of time.
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1 package (.8 ounce) sugar-free cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- Fat-free whipped topping, optional
- In a saucepan, combine milk and yogurt. Add the pudding mix; cook and stir constantly until mixture boils and thickens. Stir in allspice. Add raisins; mix well and let cool for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour into pastry shell. Chill at least 2 hours. Serve with whipped topping if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Mock Sour Cream Raisin Pie in Country Woman May/June 1994, p36
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Mock Sour Cream Raisin Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review