- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3-1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups medium pasta shells, cooked and drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- In a skillet, cook beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce and salt; set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the pasta, spinach, cheeses, eggs and oil. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with the meat sauce.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping. Order Now