Mock Ravioli Recipe
My Italian aunt makes homemade ravioli for special occasions. But when she has a taste for ravioli without all the fuss, this is the dish she prepares.Marsha Ransom, South Haven, Michigan
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3-1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups medium pasta shells, cooked and drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- In a skillet, cook beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce and salt; set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the pasta, spinach, cheeses, eggs and oil. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with the meat sauce.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Mock Ravioli in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p237
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Mock Ravioli(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Pasta >
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Casseroles >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Ground Beef Pasta Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Hamburger Casserole >
- Italian Casseroles >