Mock Pot Roast Recipe
With potatoes, carrots, peas and onions, this meat loaf is just like a pot roast. Using ground beef instead of another cut of meat, makes it an economical meal-Marsha Ransom, South Haven, Michigan.
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon steak sauce
- 8 medium carrots, halved
- 8 small red potatoes
- 16 pearl onions
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into a loaf in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Brush with steak sauce. Arrange carrots, potatoes and onions around loaf.
- 2. Cover and bake at 375° for 40 minutes. Add peas. Cover and bake 30 minutes longer. Uncover; baste with pan juices. Bake 5 minutes more or until the meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 8 servings.
To peel pearl onions, immerse them in boiling water for 3 minutes; drain. Pinch at root ends and they'll slide out of their skins.
Reviews for Mock Pot Roast
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC