Mock Pecan Pie Recipe
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup cooked pinto beans, mashed
- 1 unbaked pie shell (10 inches)
- Whipped cream or vanilla ice cream
- 1. In a bowl, beat together the sugar, butter, vanilla and eggs. Stir in beans. Pour into pie shell.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve warm or chilled with whipped cream or ice cream. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 396 calories, 17 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 114 mg cholesterol, 248 mg sodium, 58 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Mock Pecan Pie
"I loved this recipe. I actually think it is better than real pecan pie. To make it look prettier I added a layer of halved pecans on the top."
"i would if i can find it again it had maple syrup in it. it was perfect"
"this fooled even my pickest eater, my uncle. i sprinkled brown sugar coated grapenuts on top at the end of the baking time to give it a crunchy nut texture. i make this every thanksgiving and christmas dinner now. thank you for the recipe."