Mock Pecan Pie Recipe
Friends will not believe what the main ingredient of this pie is! The pinto beans make a great substitute and it is still a tasty pie.—Marilou Robinson, Portland, Oregon
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup cooked pinto beans, mashed
- 1 unbaked pie shell (10 inches)
- Whipped cream or vanilla ice cream
- 1. In a bowl, beat together the sugar, butter, vanilla and eggs. Stir in beans. Pour into pie shell.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve warm or chilled with whipped cream or ice cream. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 396 calories, 17 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 114 mg cholesterol, 248 mg sodium, 58 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Mock Pecan Pie
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC