Mock Pecan Pie
Friends will not believe what the main ingredient of this pie is! The pinto beans make a great substitute and it is still a tasty pie.Marilou Robinson, Portland, Oregon
8-10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs, beaten
- 1 cup cooked pinto beans, mashed
- 1 unbaked pie shell (10 inches)
- Whipped cream or vanilla ice cream
- In a bowl, beat together the sugar, butter, vanilla and eggs. Stir in
- beans. Pour into pie shell.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted in the
- center comes out clean. Serve warm or chilled with whipped cream or
- ice cream. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 396 calories, 17 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 114 mg cholesterol, 248 mg sodium, 58 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.