Friends will not believe what the main ingredient of this pie is! The pinto beans make a great substitute and it is still a tasty pie.—Marilou Robinson, Portland, Oregon
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup cooked pinto beans, mashed
- 1 unbaked pie shell (10 inches)
- Whipped cream or vanilla ice cream
- In a bowl, beat together the sugar, butter, vanilla and eggs. Stir in beans. Pour into pie shell.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve warm or chilled with whipped cream or ice cream. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Mock Pecan Pie in Country Woman January/February 1992, p37
Reviews for Mock Pecan Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review