Mock Pasta Alfredo
"If you've been yearning for pasta in a creamy sauce, indulge yourself with this recipe," advises Ruby Williams of Bogalusa, Louisiana.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces ) 1% cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 8 ounces spiral pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 to 2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- In a blender or food processor, process cottage cheese, milk and
- garlic until smooth. Add flour, lemon juice, basil, mustard, pepper
- and salt if desired; process until well blended. Pour into a
- saucepan. Cook over medium heat until thickened. Do not boil. Serve
- over noodles; sprinkle with chopped tomatoes. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts:Diabetic Exchanges: One serving (prepared without added salt) equals 2-1/2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable; also, 316 calories, 368 mg sodium, 8 mg cholesterol, 53 gm carbohydrate, 20 gm protein, 2 gm fat.