Mock Mint Julep
Here's an alcohol-free spin on this time-honored, Southern beverage. Fresh mint, tangy lemom and ginger ale fizz make for pleasant sipping.
13 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + standing
- 2 cups cold water
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 6 mint sprigs
- 5 cups ice cubes
- 2-1/2 cups ginger ale, chilled
- Lemon slices and additional mint, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the water, sugar, lemon juice and mint. Let
- stand for at least 45 minutes.
- Strain and discard mint. Place ice cubes in two 2-qt. pitchers; add
- half of the lemon mixture and ginger ale to each. Garnish with lemon
- and mint if desired. Yield: 13 servings (about 3 quarts).