Mock Minestrone Recipe
Don't let the number of ingredients in this recipe fool you. The bulk of the items are combined all at once and simmered, making this no-fuss favorite.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:20-22 servings
- 2 pounds Johnsonville® Mild Ground Italian Sausage
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 cups water
- 1 jar (30 ounces) chunky spaghetti sauce
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed beef broth, undiluted
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or 15 ounces garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups cooked pasta
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- 1. In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, cook sausage, onion and garlic until sausage is browned and onion is tender; drain. Stir in all remaining ingredients except the pasta and cheese. Simmer for 20 minutes. Add pasta and heat through. Garnish with cheese if desired. Yield: 20-22 servings (5-1/2 quarts).
1 serving (1 cup) equals 239 calories, 15 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 638 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 10 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC