- 3 cups (24 ounces) fat-free cottage cheese, drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 lasagna noodles, cooked, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup meatless spaghetti sauce, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Spread 1/2 cup over each noodle; roll up jelly-roll style. Place seam side down in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Uncover; drizzle with spaghetti sauce if desired. Bake 10 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Mock Manicotti
Sort By :
I had enough filling for 12 noodles. I also used an entire jar of sauce. I want to try freezing leftovers next time because I think these would be a good lunch option.
I would totally make it again
This is a fabulous and basic recipe. I bought good spaghetti sauce and 'doctored' it up with sauteed sweet Italian sausage, green pepper,onions & mushrooms. Served with a simple salad - WONDERFUL.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Pasta >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Vegetarian Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Spinach Recipes >