“I’ve always tried to get my children to eat vegetables,” writes Deanne Schwarting of North English, Iowa. “When my son tried manicotti at a restaurant and liked it, I came up with this version. It was a hit.”
- 3 cups (24 ounces) fat-free cottage cheese, drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 lasagna noodles, cooked, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup meatless spaghetti sauce, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Spread 1/2 cup over each noodle; roll up jelly-roll style. Place seam side down in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Uncover; drizzle with spaghetti sauce if desired. Bake 10 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Mock Manicotti in Taste of Home February/March 2006, p46
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Mock Manicotti
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review