When I want a quick fish dinner, this is the mouthwatering recipe I turn to. My husband and I like the flavor so much that I serve it a couple times a month.—Gloria Jarrett, Loveland, Ohio
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 to 2 pounds cod or haddock
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons seafood seasoning or paprika
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- Melted butter
- Lemon wedges
- Cut fillets into 2-in. x 2-in. pieces; place in a large skillet.
- Cover with water. Add salt and seafood seasoning; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Drain.
- Cover with cold water. Add vinegar and bring to a boil. Reduce heat;
- simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a
- fork. Drain. Serve with melted butter and lemon. Yield: 4-6
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 82 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 872 mg sodium, 0 carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 18 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.