Mock Ice Cream Sandwiches
As a busy lawyer, I can't take my sweet time making ice cream treats. So my girl-friend and I came up with this one. The recipe cuts down of fat but not on flavor. I usually keep a bunch in the freezer.
—Tony Kern of Milwaukee, Wisconsin
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 2 cups fat-free whipped topping
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 8 whole chocolate graham crackers
- In a bowl, combine whipped topping and chocolate chips. Break or cut
- graham crackers in half. Spread whipped topping mixture over half
- of the crackers; top with remaining crackers. Wrap in plastic wrap
- and freeze for at least 1 hour. Yield: 8 sandwiches.
Nutritional Facts: One sandwich equals 180 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 88 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.